1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
** I love woolly smelling yarns, and worsted weights. I do not like acrylic and synthetics.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
** I have a standard issue needle case, which is full to overflowing – I’ll need a new one soon. It usually hangs out in my knitting basket.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
** I’ve knit on and off for years – I first learned when I was a kid, from my mom and grandma. I would consider myself a beginning/intermediate knitter — I’m not scared to try more challenging patterns, but I offer no assurances as to the finished piece.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
** Sandalwood and vanilla are my favorite scents. I cannot stand most artificial ‘mixed’ scents, such as “holiday potpourri”, etc.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
** I ‘m not much for sweets, but I love crackers and tea cookies, particularly Goldfish crackers.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
** Well, I crochet and embroider a bit. I do not spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)?
** I like pagan and traditional folk music, and classical music. My pc can play Mp3s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
** I love purples and jewel tones. I don’t care for most pinks and pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
** Pet mice and fish – I am allergic to cats. Family wise I am happily married, with one daughter (age six) whom we homeschool. I am a homemaker, while my husband works at a hospital as a registered nurse.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
** Scarves , hats and mittens, yup. Ponchos, no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
** Hats, scarves, shawls.
13. What are you knitting right now?
** Currently on the needles I have a hat, a scarf, and a lace scarf of my own design.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
** I like both straight and circular needles, and prefer bamboo and aluminum.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
** A few months.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
** Tea and books.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
** No magazine subscriptiions, and no knitting ‘gotta haves’. I am searching, and have been for years, for my perfect cardigan pattern – a hip length thick cardigan with nice deep pockets, suitable for a light autumn coat or early morning walking jacket.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
** Yes. But I am not well versed enough in knitting to know what they are, really – just that I know there is a ton out there I don’t know and want to learn.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
** Not really, but it would well happen. I wear a size 8 men’s shoe – short wide feet – nine inches heel to toe, and 5 and half from side to side across the ball when standing.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
** November 26th. I was born the day after Thanksgiving, and family lore has it that the first food I ever tasted was cranberry sauce. I do love cranberry sauce.
Hi, just wanted to let you know that you have a secret pal. I’m not sure if I left a message for you yet as there was a bit of confusion with my match-up e-mail.
I hope you like the things I am able to send you.