Thursday has always been my lucky day
– I got the hang of Thursdays.
Thursday was art class instead of gym
– I skipped it anyways to hide in the library and read science fiction.
Thursday was birthdays
– I’m better at giving then getting.
Thursday was moving out, MLK ringing as I packed
– the fire was on Friday.
Thursday was Chicago vivid alive
– I arrived by train, 19 in braids.
Thursday was “I want to marry you.”
– but we married on Friday.
This is an exercise in public writing – the draft above was written as it stands as I sat here this morning. I’ll revise it every Thursday, and see what comes of it.
What a good idea – letting us see a work in progress.