Kis*Knit tagged me for the 8 random things meme. Here goes.
- I used to be a cook. I started work as a kitchen help when I was 14, and worked my way up to line cook through various restaurants until I married at 23.
- I wear Chanel #5 because of Marilyn Monroe.
- The strangest thing in my kitchen right now is 4 disks of palm sugar imported from Thailand.
- My clock chime is the Westminster chime.
- The book I am reading right now (almost literally – I put it down to answer this meme) is “Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors” by Lizzie Cunningham.
- There are five bookshelves in my living room, three in my bedroom, two in the kitchen, one in my daughters bedroom and one in her closet. I still don’t have enough shelf space for all our books.
- I aspire to be able to write like Sharyn McCrumb, live like Jim Harrison, and understand food like M.F.K. Fisher.
- I wear sandals all the time. Unless it’s a wedding, or the snow is deeper then two inches.
I don’t know 8 other bloggers to tag, so I’ll just tag….
well crumb – everyone I would tag has already done this meme! I suppose that’s what I get for taking a blog sabbatical.