Serendipity – done.

    Here are two photos of the Serendipity scarf, after blocking.  I want to get another one, that really shows the length of this scarf — after blocking, it measures 60 inches, a gain of 14 inches from the raw knit.

As I suspected, blocking (and specifically blocking long) was very good for this pattern and yarn — the length and the vertical rows of twisted stitch  look very very nice.  I think the strength of the pattern and then the blocking for length really bring out the best visual qualities of this very bulky yarn.

Knitting 093Knitting 085

The actual color of the scarf is somewhere between these two photos – a little closer to the blue, really, but the redder one really shows the way the stitch pattern jumps out.

This was knit in Brown Sheep Burly Spun in my own variation of the One Row Handspun pattern.  I used size 17 needles – though the ball band and Yarndex both recommend size 13 needles,  I found that 13’s were just too small to let this yarn do it’s thing.   I’d have gone to 19, and liked it, I think,  if my LYS had had the 19’s in stock.  This is a *very bulky* yarn – I’ve known pencils that were thinner then this yarn is.


One thought on “Serendipity – done.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s